Re: email server and client configuration

matt-whiteley@xxxxxxxxx said:
> Not sure the best way to do what I want.  I currently have evolution check
> email
> on two pop3 accounts and two imap accounts.  Since I have dyndns set up so
> that
> I can get to my box from out in the world, I would like to use mail at the
> hostname I have set up.  I would like to run an webmail program so that I
> can
> logon and check all of my email accounts from one place.  Right now I have
> check 4 webmail accounts.  Do I need to setup sendmail/postfix, and
> fetchmail?

Yes, and if you want SquirrelMail, and IMAP server, too.  Then just point
SM and Evolution at your local IMAP server.

> Can I have the mail filtered into folders that will show in both evolution
> locally and squirrelmail remotely?

Yes, this can be done with procmail, or SquirrelMail/Evolution filters.

> Will I be able to send mail from any
> of the
> accounts through the webmail interface?

Depending on your SMTP setup, yes.

> I am hoping to use spamassassin
> on this
> group of accounts also.

I know SM has a spamassassin plugin, but I haven't used it.  Can't help on
Evolution.

--
William Hooper