Update from 8.0.94 to Shrike: Software RAID 5 has to be erased?

Agon S. Buchholz wrote:
When I select "upgrade an existing system", the installer tells me something like: "The partition table on drive hde is not readable [...] and has to be initialized [...]".

Did you file this in bugzilla yet?

The system boots from a separate drive, I'm _not_ booting from RAID and I don't see what the installer is trying to mess around with drive hde (which is part of the array).

What is on the array the system or just data? If this is RAID5 what partitions is the array made of? Can you boot phoebe and post /etc/raidtab, /etc/fstab, na dthe output from 'fdisk -l' ?

Is there any way to _safely_ update a Software RAID system, or do I have to stick with Phoebe forever?

I upgraded my SW RAID system just fine. I have several raid devices. All are RAID-0, except /boot which must me RAID-1.

That system started as RHL-7.3, went through the betas before RHL-8.0, then RHL-8.0. It had many custom versions, like Mozilla, the kernel, and XF86-4.3. No problems with the upgrade.

-Thomas