Re: Obsolete packages in Red Hat 9?

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 16:10:10 at 04:10:10PM -0500, Chris Adams (cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Once upon a time, M. Fioretti <m.fioretti@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> > I heard a member of my local LUG say "I don't like RH9, it has too many
> > obsolete packages". When I asked him to be specific he listed
> > (translated and sinthesized from italian, I can provide the original
> > LUG archive URL if anybody wants it):
> >
> > Quite old versions of Mozilla/Galeon
>
> "Quite old"?  RHL9 includes Mozilla 1.2.1.  The next released version,
Sorry, I didn't translate him right. What he actually said is "older
than those shipped with Mdk 9.1". So, with respect to Galeon and
Mozilla, one should check when Mdk 9.1 came out, compare that with
RH9, and then figure out, assuming it's possible, if the result means
that one distro is faster or less careful than the other when it comes
to QA and packaging.

We could just as well drop discussion on those two packages. I
reported them for completeness, but was more interested in what he
said about PHP/PostGresql/apache, as those are server side things a
bit more critical, in general.

	Ciao,
		Marco Fioretti
--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Da quando amo, riesco ad indossare i miei anni: non sono piu' vecchia
   --   Sarah Cristina Ceccarelli