Re: antivirus & Shrike

At 04:35 PM 4/13/2003 -0500, you wrote:
I know that some people go into anaphylactic shock with the thought of
installing closed-source software, much less actually paying for it, I
hope that people don't take advantage of Sophos and continually download
the demo without paying for it.  Sophos has very good Linux support,
even going as far as providing a *supported* SDK for creating apps that
link into their anti-virus software.

Unfortunately, Sophos isn't what I'd call inexpensive and their sales
force is targeted towards business sales, not toward individual home
users.

Amen on both counts.

I am trying to purchase a Sophos license for one server at the office, and am also talking to them in an effort to convince them that it would be to their advantage to offer an inexpensive version for "single-user" or home-type use. If lots of other people also talk to them, there is a much higher chance of convincing them to offer such an option.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx