Re: antivirus & Shrike

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 15:45, shrek-m@xxxxxx wrote:
> J Sloan schrieb:
>
> > Ah, you want a windows virus protection
> > program that runs on linux then - sophos,
>
> - you can download a free demo
> - install
> - the next 3 month  update via cronjob
>
> wget -c http://www.sophos.com/downloads/ide/369_ides.zip
> unzip ...
> mv ...

I know that some people go into anaphylactic shock with the thought of
installing closed-source software, much less actually paying for it, I
hope that people don't take advantage of Sophos and continually download
the demo without paying for it.  Sophos has very good Linux support,
even going as far as providing a *supported* SDK for creating apps that
link into their anti-virus software.

Unfortunately, Sophos isn't what I'd call inexpensive and their sales
force is targeted towards business sales, not toward individual home
users.

Jeff