Re: Possible bug in redhat-config-network with wireless

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
by default redhat-config-network saves wireless keys as strings unlike 8.0 which used hex as default you need to add 0x before your key to tell it that its a hex key

Maybe you missed this from my first post:

If I enter 0xFFFF-FFFF-FF [2], it still converts it to a string of 's:0xFFFF-FFFF-FF [2]'.

Entering 0x doesn't help if need to specify the key with [N]. No matter how you enter it, with single or double quotes, spaces or no spaces, if there is a bracket in it, it converts it to a string.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe