Possible bug in redhat-config-network with wireless

I ran across what I think is a bug in redhat-config-network when configuring wireless cards with encryption when using a non-default hex key. BTW, Red Hat 8 handled this situation correctly.

I have a Lucent Orinoco Silver card that supports 40-bit encryption.
When adding the wireless card configuration, I used redhat-config-network / wireless device configuration / wireless settings tab, and defined the settings for my wireless network, including the encryption key (which is hex). The redhat-config-network writes the configuration to /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth1 and saves the KEY value as either a string or hex value.

The Orinoco supports 4 key values and you normally specify which key to use by following the key value with the key number in brackets. For example, to specify key 2, use FFFF-FFFF-FF [2]. This syntax worked correctly in Red Hat 8. In Red Hat 9, the key above gets converted to a string value and doesn't work (it gets stored as 's:FFFF-FFFF-FF [2]'). The brackets seems to be throwing it off. If I enter it without the space, it still stores it as a string. If I enter 0xFFFF-FFFF-FF [2], it still converts it to a string of 's:0xFFFF-FFFF-FF [2]'.

The only way I can get it to work is to manually edit the ifcfg-eth1 file and set the key to 'FFFF-FFFF-FF [2]'. Then, it works normally.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior in Red Hat 9? I already searched bugzilla and did not find this reported yet, but I want to check here before creating a bugzilla report.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe