CORBA error

Hi;

When I run certain gnome programs in KDE I get this error:

"An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for
gnome-volume-control. Some of your configuration settings may not work
properly."

Then if I click Details, I get this:

"Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0
Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0
Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0
Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0"

Then, if I delete my gnome related directories and run the program
again, it works, until I log out and log in again, and then the error
happens again.

So far I've noticed this happens for Volume Control, MrProject, Eye of
Gnome, and gThumb.

I did a quick search of bugzilla but didn't turn anything up.

-P

--
* <redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>