Re: Dual PROC AMD

Dean Maluski wrote:
> Yes, all this information is good, but what I really want to know is....
> Do you get queezy from all that speed and power when sitting in front of
> your monitor? And can you feel the energy in the air when standing
> anywhere in the same room as your PC? hehe...
> I work on the most powerful TV Transmitter in New England and every day
> when I go to work I feel that way, and I LOVE it. I want that same buzz
> when I'm at home enjoying one of my favorite things in the world... LINUX

No, but sometimes my ears buzz a bit from the cooling fans...

It is kinda nice to have more computing power than many small
countries :-).  Not terribly expensive either, you just have to
know how to assemble everything.  I built Wine (cvs version)
today, using MAKEFLAGS=-j2, and make took a tad over 9 minutes.
configure, make depend, make clean took additional time of
course.  Still, nice, especially when I forgot the --with-nptl
switch the first time around (oops).  Red Hat plays very, very
nice with the dual 2400+'s.

Suffice it to say that when dual Opteron workstation motherboards
and CPUs become semi-affordable, I'm there.