Re: Can't shutdown / logout from Nautilus desktop.

Elton Woo wrote:
I now have Shrike working so that I can burn CD's without any coasters,
or without any "BBC chipmunks", I can view MPG and AVI files, and
listen to / view realaudio/ realvideo content.

ONE more peeve: I can't shutdown from within the desktop and (_oftentimes_) I can't logout either (unless I do a CTRL-ALT-BKSP)
then select Reboot or Shutdown from the GMC.

I have the latest updates from RHN up2date. Did I miss something?

Elton 9</

Somebody mentioned having the problem, after prelink. I just prelinked my RH8 Toshiba 233 MHz / 64 meg laptop with prelink -av and the mail seems quicker. I didn't have any logout problems either.

Maybe prelink, logout and the shrike snapshot need adjustment.

If you did a prelink, which options did you specify?

Happy that my unsupported laptop is usable, once again.

Jim C.

--
A good reputation is more valuable than money.
		-- Publilius Syrus