Re: More bugs in 9 than 8.1-3? Samba DoS, Mozilla, Prelink problems

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 13:17, Benjamin Vander Jagt wrote:
> By the way, I'm still totally stumped as to how to make xscreensaver
> work on a system whose sole user is root.  I don't want to type xhost
> +localhost every time I boot, and I've read through the xscreensaver
> info way too much and have not come any closer to making it work.

You should never run as root on your system unless doing maintenance
tasks, there is no good reason to do so :)

> As I'm writing this email, Shrike is falling apart on my system.  :-(
> Now everything shows error messages.  My brother's system is still
> running pretty well.  I'll probably just install 8.0, 8.0.94, and 9 on
> my system and jump around between them until I find one that works well
> for me.

Stick with 9, just don't bother prelinking :) Works great here...

--
Shawn <drevil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.warpcore.org/