Re: Colors in the terminal

Op vr 11-04-2003, om 03:01 schreef Darren R. Weber:
> Just one thing still bothering me since upgrading (fresh install) from
> 7.3 to 9.  The colors in a terminal window were different in 7.3.  It
> seemed that they were either in some sort of bold or just a brighter
> color.  In 9 it is very difficult to read anything unless you keep the
> ugly white background in your term.  I usually go to a dark bg and that
> is where the problem comes in.  I can almost not read the directory
> names.  Where is this configured so I can change it?

when you do:
alias ls
you'll see that ls is actually an alias of ls --color=tty

Now have a look at the file
/etc/DIR_COLORS

this is the configuration file for the color ls utility
You can copy it to your home directory to override the system settings.
In it, you can set the different colors for directories and files to
your liking.

--Tino Meinen