Re: ccedilla in RH9

Yes, this is trully odd but I don't think it's a RedHat9 only problem.

A friend uses Debian unstable and he's got the same problem. Could it be
a problem with XFree86?

After some fights, I arrived to this keyboard configuration (still far
from the ideal us_intl but oh well...) which might be useful for some:

        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105euro"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "en_US,pt"
        Option      "XkbOptions" "grp:rshift_toggle"

Hugs, Rui

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 17:38, Alessandro Oliveira wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I really don't know what they have screwed up, but it is really upseting
> all brazilian users that uses an US-International Keyboard.
>
> If anybody that is really big on keyboard issues and is a pratictioner
> of this kinds of Dark Magic, please give us some help, we didn't have to
> sort these issues on RH 8.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts,
>
> Alessandro Oliveira
> Nuno Ferreira Cargas Internacionais Ltda.
> Phone: +55-11-3241-2000
> Fax  : +55-11-3242-9891
>
> Micro$oft is not the answer. Micro$oft is the question. The answer is NO!!!
>

> Toni Guedes wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >How must I proceed to obtain a Âccedilla (Ã) in RH9???
> >It was easy in other versions (ie. 8.0) using Âdead_acute + cÂ...Now the
> >same combination produce Âc acuteÂ!!!
> >
> >I'm using a MS Natural Keyboard (US Layout) and xkblayout is set to
> >Âus_intlÂ.
> >
> >Thanks in Advance,
> >
> >Toni
> >SÃo Paulo - Brazil