Sound problem and possible Anaconda bug

 Just installed 9.0 and it rocks, apart from one
detail - no sound!

I have sound support in RedHat Linux since 6.0 but for
some reason the trident driver for my ALi 5451 sound
board (of a Toshiba laptop) never works, keeps failing
stating that the board won't come out of reset. I
rolled back to 8.0 on the same machine and the sound
works perfectly, except that (and I've only noticed
this on 8.0) /var/log/messages gets around 100
messages a DAY with "ali_ac97_codec : try clear busy
flag!" .

Have I found a bug in the driver? If so, is the right
thing to do to mail the maintainer? Or has the module
changed in 9.0 ?? Will a change to ALSA help?

Oh, and for the maintainers of Anaconda, there is an
apparent bug in the installer. I use English language
but a Portuguese keyboard and during the install even
if I set the keyboard to Portuguese layout, it remains
US.

 Thank you for your time!

=====
Uproot your questions from their ground and the dangling roots will be seen. More questions!

Mentat Zensufi
CH:D 220