Re: Uninstalling a program

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 16:04, Larry McKimmy wrote:
> Obviously a newbie question from  a person with MS Windows in
> his past... but how do I /uninstall/ a program (a newsreader)
> that was installed (using rpm) now that I've decided the program
> does not suit my needs?

You can either uninstall from the commandline using rpm -e <package> or
if you prefer a gui then Red Hat -> System Tools -> Add/Remove
Applications.

> And what /is/ a good newsreader, anyway?
>
> I've searched three Linux books and several online sources and
> come with - nothing. Which means, I suppose, that the answer is
> obvious to everyone but me. Any hints?

I like PAN, but if you're a KDE person you may prefer Knode. They can
both be found in the Red Hat -> Internet -> More Internet Applications
menu.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com