Re: Spamassassin

mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Mike Chambers) writes:

> Is anyone using this?  Is there more to installing and just starting the
> daemon to work?  As in, a config file to modify it or anything?  Or does
> it just start working and checks the emails that come into the server
> (no matter how you retreive them, via pop, imap, etc)?

I am using spamassassin and sendmail through the sendmail-milter API.
The mimedefang project (http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang)
provides what you are needing, but because RHL does not contain the
necessary packages some extra work is needed.

To make spamassassin work effectively, you will probably need the
Razor-agents (http://razor.sourceforge.net) and/or Pyzor packages
also. Without them, a lot of spam will not detected properly.

Enrico