Re: Changing reolustion without X

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Ossama Khayaat wrote:

>Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 18:07:54 +0300
>From: Ossama Khayaat <ossamak@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Changing reolustion without X
>
>I wonder how can I use redhat-config-xfree86 package to change my
>monitor resolution and options without having X!
>The problem is that I can't actually use X because of the improperly set
>resolution.

I read the whole thread after your question.  Lots of repetitious
non helpful information supplied without context of the problem
you're having.  ;o)  Let me try to be more helpful.

Can you do the following:

- Run "lspci -vvn" and post the results to the list.
- Upload your X server log file somewhere so it can be looked at
  for clues as to what is going wrong
- Upload the config file that was used when the above log file
  was generated.

I'll try to advise you once you've posted this info somewhere.
Hopefully we can get you up and running.

Hope this helps.
TTYL