Re: new mysterious up2date option...

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 10:58, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2003 10:45, Jim Wilferling wrote:
> >  Hold on a minute...And SHUT THOSE ANGELS UP! Whew! (The short one was
> > off key) This function sounds just like "distribution upgrade" in apt
> > and synaptic. Ypu may not be able to jump distro versions this way,
> > Unless you have multiple rhn entitlements to play with....hmmmm then
> > again,  maybe that would work....
>
> Why would you need that?  Entitlements can jump channels, they aren't tied
> into anything, not even systems.  You can shuffle entitlements from one
> system to another, from one channel to another.  The client will just take
> care of changing the channel that this machine is subscribed to, the
> entitlement will just follow.
>
> --
> Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
> http://geek.j2solutions.net
> Mondo DevTeam (http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/)
> Hmmmmm Now THAT'S interesting. Maybe its cause I've always just went with the
demo account, but whenever I try the "available channels" page, I just
get shown the one my system originaly registered to....I could register
a new system to the same username and password, but then disable the
entitlement on the current system and activate it on the new system.
  All of this is acedemic to me, last night demo entitlements were still
down due to the traffic. I use apt anyway. But I'll ask the stupid
question, so I have the answer for reference
 How do you switch dist. channels with a demo account?
This sounds like an intriguing update option, if used carefully. Then
again, they should all be used carefully.
 Thanks fot info
-Jim
--
Jim Wilferling <wolf67@xxxxxxxxxxx>