Re: new mysterious up2date option...

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 08:07, Jesse Keating wrote:
> So, did a up2date --help for snorts and giggles.  Found a few really cool
> options, such as:
>
>   --show-available      List all packages available that are not currently
>                         installed
>
> and
>

>   --show-orphans        List all packages currently installed that are not in
>                         channels the system is subscribed to
>
> But the one thats _REALLY_ got my going "hrmmmmm!" is this one (which has no
> entry in the man page, nor the Changelog file):
>
>   --upgrade-to-release=<release-version>
>                         Upgrade to the channel specified
>
> Is this what I think it is?  A support (but hidden) way of doing dist version
> upgrades with up2date?!  <que angels>HAAAAAALLELUJAH!</angels>
>
> Anywho, I can't find any documentation on this option.  Is anybody in the
> "know" on this one?
>
> --
> Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
> http://geek.j2solutions.net
> Mondo DevTeam (www.mondorescue.org)
>
> Was I helpful?  Let others know:
>  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=jkeating
 Hold on a minute...And SHUT THOSE ANGELS UP! Whew! (The short one was
off key) This function sounds just like "distribution upgrade" in apt
and synaptic. Ypu may not be able to jump distro versions this way,
Unless you have multiple rhn entitlements to play with....hmmmm then
again,  maybe that would work....
--
Jim Wilferling <wolf67@xxxxxxxxxxx>