Re: Changing reolustion without X

Jesse Keating wrote:

On Monday 07 April 2003 09:34, Ossama Khayaat wrote:

Well, I get no error message. The main problem is that when I try to run
the redhat-config.xfree86 it immediately trieds to run X. I don't want
it to do so. Like we used to do in Xconfigurator, there was a text based
interface and that's what I need.
I didn't try to change the /etc/X11/XF86Config and don't want to,
because I believe it's time we can have an easy way (at least for
newbies like I mentioned, my students).
So, there's no error message.
Also, I tried the options suggested earlier but couldn't just figure out
what's missing.
Hope this explains.

You have not told us if you have tried the --reconfigure option.

I already mentioned that I tried it but it didn't work, as it only gets back to the command line doing nothing.

Ossama