Re: Happy ending of: How to check *CDROM* correctness?

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 10:35, M. Fioretti wrote:

> Thanks to all those who explained how to proceed, and gave the exact
> sizes and checksum of the 3 iso images of shrike. Below is what I got
> on the three CDROMS. Besides thanks, my very last question (mere
> curiosity actually) is: it seems that I indeed have 3 CDs from
> original RH isos, but are they the ones in the boxed set, or the ones
> available today from *public* ftp server at Red Hat?

If you downloaded the ISO's then they are of the 'net versions, not
boxed sets.  There will still be updates to it, just not as many.  So
therefore, users just getting it today or soon, should run up2date right
after installing before configuring to get them.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Hand over the code, and no one gets hurt!"