Re: A Better Solution to the RHN Bandwidth Problem

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 19:32, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> The BitTorrent idea in and of itself will save RHN tons of money on
> bandwidth and save everyone else a lot of time. I was actually quite
> pleased that I managed to push out almost 2 GB myself, so at least I got
> one more person. :-) If something like this is implemented, then the
> mirrors will do the work and more RHN servers are not needed at all.

The problem is that the BitTorrent idea of sharing bandwidth doesn't sit
well with security conscious customers or the average corporate network.
If I pay for access to an ISO, I want access to it that doesn't cost me
much more than it already has.

--
Shawn <drevil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.warpcore.org/