Re: Samba vs. direct CUPS for Windows clients?

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:25 am, Justin Johnson wrote:
> I got it to work by changing /etc/cups/cupsd.conf to allow connections
> from all addresses.  However, I am still not sure how to actually add the
> printer to my windows box.  When I add by URL and point it to
> http://host:631/printers/lp0 (the name of the printer and the address
> that successfully connects via the browser) it gives me an error that it
> can't find the printer.

hmm thats a strange one   for my wifes computer i just added a printer  told
it it was a network printer of type internet or home network put in the
address   specified the driver ( i dont have it setup to share the driver)
and its worked.  you have to put http:// not ipp://  it doesnt like it.  but
it seems you have done that.

What section did you put the access in?

Theres an admin section for printer administration and a general access
section defined as follows make sure you have your lan allowed in the top
section for general access

<Location />

</Location>

<Location /admin>