Re: no sound in TuxRacer?

Paul R. Ganci wrote:

Michael Fratoni wrote:

I installed the smpeg and smpeg-devel rpm packages from the Red Hat Linux 7.3 disks. I made no changes at all other than installing the smpeg packages, and the package builds and works fine.

Ah, I see. I don't have the smpeg or smpeg-devel packages installed, but I do have:

/usr/lib/libsmpeg-0.4.so.0
/usr/lib/libsmpeg-0.4.so.0.1.3

In order to get Tuxracer working in 8.0 I had manually moved the working version from 7.3. In that process I would have relocated the smpeg library. My hack would revert the config patch which permitted the compile to proceed. Everything works because I have the smpeg library in /usr/lib. Two wrongs made a right ... at least I know now. Thanks.

BTW, this might not be a bug but it does seem silly to ship a binary package of a game without sound enabled no matter what the reason.

--
Paul (ganci@xxxxxxxxxx)