Re: Menu Editing

On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 00:07, Shawn wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 16:55, Jeff Bearer wrote:
> > It appears at first glance you can't edit the menu's in Shrike didn't a
> > menu editor make it into the release either?
> >
> > When I was in Raleigh for my RH401 class I was told by an un named RH
> > employee (spot) that it would definitely be in the next release after
> > 8.0.
>
> You can edit the menus by editing the menu files, however I don't think
> there's a menu editing program.

This is a redhat thing, as most other distros (ok, slackware I know does
it) and also if you compile the gnome from tarballs, allow you to edit
the menus as a user, thus this will only effect you menus (unless you
are root, I suppose)

Personally I don't see why they took it out, as this is one of the major
things missing IMHO, oh and a GUI for xrandr.

Mark