Re: subversion server setup

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 10:16:08AM -0600, Justin Johnson wrote:
> I was trying to setup the subversion server via apache, but I can't find
> mod_dav_svn.so anywhere, and apache complains when I add the "LoadModule
> dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so" line.

Sorry, no mod_dav_svn support with the version that shipped with Red Hat.
The Red Hat 9 version (0.17.1) is pretty old anyway; I'd suggest going to
http://subversion.tigris.org/ and using the RPMs that David Summers puts
together there instead. Note that you'll need to update httpd as well,
since the version in shrike (and more importantly, the version of APR
that it was built against) is too old to use with Subversion.

> Was subversion included in RH9 only as a client?

Not entirely. :-) You have a couple of options available to you:

- local access (ra_local). You can set up a repository on the local
  filesystem, using UNIX access rights to control who can and can't
  get at it.

- svnserve (ra_svn). This is a scheme that works either listening to a
  network port directly, or via a tunnelling scheme like ssh. See the
  Subversion book at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ for details on how to
  configure and use svnserve (and for a lot of other good information).

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, be sure to join us over
at the svn mailing list (see http://subversion.tigris.org/ for subscription
information).

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm@xxxxxxxxx>
http://esm.logic.net/

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.