Re: XDMCP?

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 07:36, Thomas Dodd wrote:
> Anyone know the steps requited to get XDMXP working on RHL9?
> I figured out how to get gdm to allow remote loging, and to advertise,
> so I can login to the RHL9 box from Solaris using dtlogin/dtchooser.
>
> But I cannot figure out how to get gdm to let me login to other hosts. I
> had the working once, in RHL7.3 or 8, but cannot remember how anymore.

If I understand you correctly, you want to enable the chooser feature,
which I think is what happens when the client sends an indirect request
to an XDMCP server.  As the next poster pointed out, you can enable this
with the "HonorIndirect" option in gdm.conf.

http://www.ibiblio.org/oswg/oswg-nightly/oswg/en_US.ISO_8859-1/articles/gdm-reference/gdm-reference/x135.html
http://www.owlriver.com/tips/gdm-setup/
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/XDMCP-HOWTO/gdm.html

--