Re: A Better Solution to the RHN Bandwidth Problem

On Thursday 03 April 2003 15:40, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Its just an idea ive had  but i guess you would have all the systems
> identically configured except for dns entries or perhaps when you
> request rhn.redhat.com it automaticly directs your request to the
> closest server to you via an ip lookup. and uses a vpn link to apply the
> updates all controlled from Redmond, as for physical security is why i
> said they should be in Red Hat offices around the world.

Being a Red Hat Office does not automatically make it physically secure enough
to house a RHN server.  The cost of setting up a datacenter physically secure
enough to house a RHN server is staggering I would guess, and not something
Red Hat would like to foot currently.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net