Re: How to get new Xcursors to work?

The Matt wrote:

NOTHING WORKED!  If even *root* cannot affect the behavior of X, how
crippled is my system?  Is there a file from 8 that kills this in 9?  My
box was a virgin 8.0 so nothing from 7.x and lower is there.  What files
can kill root's ability to change X?  Or should I pursue a different
distro?

I don't have the answer to your question, but I will advise you that repeated threats to use another distro won't get you an answer any faster. No one here owes you help. You might get some if you ask in a more polite fashion, but even then it isn't guaranteed. There's a lot of talented folks on this list. Treat them with respect and you might get some help.

Tom