Re: Graphical Boot?

>From what I can tell, you need to change a line in /etc/sysconfig/init
from BOOTUP=color to BOOTUP=graphical.

It also seems that you need Xvesa... (which I'm currently looking for).

(You can see the effect by running rhgb under X, and then running
rhgb-client --ping multiple times).

Also, I noticed that in RedHat's /etc/init.d/functions, they call
rhgb-client with a -ping argument instead of --ping (so I changed it in
my setup.)  The problem I'm having is figuring out where they hid the
call to rhgb-client --quit (which, of course, the called with -quit
instead of --quit).

Anybody know where/how to get Xvesa, or where they hid the call to
rhgb-client -quit?  I'd kinda like to play around with this...

Jared Smith