Re: Graphical Boot?

Mike Chambers wrote:
On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 01:27, Panu Matilainen wrote:

If you're feeling adventurous just pull rhgb from the CVS at rhlinux.redhat.com and give it a go...

Thanks for the tip.

I did get it downloaded and compiled and installed (I guess).  It
installed into /usr/local/bin/rhgb and rhgb-client.  I even called up
the rhgb program and it brought up the GUI screen.

Sooo, just for the heck of it, how do I incorporate this into the boot
up process?  And is there a fail over to go back to somehow if something
happens to stop boot up?

Read the doc in rhgb. Something about passing messages using calls to rhgb-client. At startup I guess that'd be the "Starting....[OK]" messages in the initscripts. So look at /etc/init.d/functions and see what is does for the graphical option. I don't have RHL9 yet, but in RHL8.0 I see color, serial, and verbose as options.

Most of the wourk is in the echo_* functions. For You need calls to rhgb-client in there.

If you send me /etc/ini.d/functions I'll look at it. Else, I might get RHL9 running in few days and can look then.

-Thomas