Re: Using Promise's old drivers

Matthew Hatch wrote:
Basically, here's my question: Is there any way to force load a module in the initrd, or am I doomed to wait until they release a new driver? Or, is there a way to port a binary driver to another kernel? Google has offered me no help, nor have the man pages. So I'm hoping one of you out there have the know-how to tell me it's not worth trying. hehe

Uncompress and loop mount the initrd. Then edit linuxrc. Find the insmod line for the module and add the --force option. No unmount and recompress the inird*img file.

Remember this if you need to rebuild the initrd later.

-Thomas