Using Promise's old drivers

Hello,

I know it's foolish to force-load an older module into a newer kernel, but what other choice do I have? :)

The module for the Promise FastTrack 376 is ft3xx.o, and the latest kernel Promise has released it for is 2.4.18-14. Force-loading it into a running kernel seems to work okay, but putting it into an initrd and trying to actually BOOT with it doesn't work because it won't force load

Basically, here's my question: Is there any way to force load a module in the initrd, or am I doomed to wait until they release a new driver? Or, is there a way to port a binary driver to another kernel? Google has offered me no help, nor have the man pages. So I'm hoping one of you out there have the know-how to tell me it's not worth trying. hehe

Thanks!

-Matthew Hatch