Will marketing turn Red Hat into the M$ of Linux Distributions? [Fwd:Red Hat Linux 9 -- Get it Early]

I was a bit skeptical when I got the barrage of email about how my paid RHN subscriptions and upgrading the unpaid demo subscriptions for my clients would provide were going to get us with "one of the things you want most [...] early access to Red Hat Linux ISOs",

All day I've been trying to download even one iso, to no avail. Which would be ok (I've never successfully retrieved an "Instant ISO from RHN in the past, either and I'll probably buy the boxed version when it is available),
<flame>
were it not for the insult to my intelligence that the email from Red Hat last week and the RHN website today embody.

Didn't anyone at Red Hat realize that the reason, to quote https://rhn.redhat.com/network/software/download_isos.pxt, that they "are experiencing high volumes of traffic due to unprecedented demand for Red Hat Linux 9 ISOs" is that: 1) they've never seen (and thanks to the leakage via BitTorrent never will see) the full demand because they've *never* been able to keep up in the past, so the mirrors *always* get the brunt of the demand, and 2) marketing has bombarded every Red Hat user on the planet with unsupportable hype about this program?

What's up with "recommend[ing] that you use *curl* to download the ISO images ... |*curl -C - -O 'very_long_url'"? What kind of cruel joke is this? How many tries do they think it is going to take a mere mortal to copy that 'very_long_url' from the status line of mozilla without an error? What good does it do anyway that "*|The '*|-C -|*' option allows you to continue the download if it is interrupted" if the session authentication cookie expires, invalidating the 'very_long_url' hours before the connection craps out (which is days before the download might conceivably finish at 5kBps)?

Does anyone at RedHat realize how totally lame today's performance has made them appear to be?

And then there's the matter of bumping the release number to 9, so, one can only presume, they can cut off support for the 7.x series sooner.

The whole unsubstantiated marketing hyperbole thing stinks of Micro$oft, if you ask me.
</flame>