Creating RH9 DVDs

The mkisofs command I used for RH8 DVDs doesn't appear to work for RH9.  I tried:

mkisofs -o redhat9.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin
  -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
  -boot-info-table -R -J -m TRANS.TBL -V "Red Hat Linux/i386 9"
  -T /rifle/home/stretch/redhat9

The disc appears to read OK, but when I try to boot off of it, I get one line of output (SYSLINUX something-er-other) and the PC freezes.

I'm using Phoebe to make and burn the DVDs, which could be the problem, but I suspect one of the boot parameters (like -boot-load-size) is wrong?

This is the message describing how to make the RH8 discs:
https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/psyche-list/2002-October/000323.html

I've simplified things by copying all the files into one huge directory tree.  I then replaced the Evolution and Sendmail RPMs with their bugfixed versions and ran

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --withnumbers /home/stretch/redhat9

(I have a separate RH8 server named rifle.  The dual CPU workstation running Phoebe is named shotgun.  If you've played Quake 1 you'll understand :-))