is there a fix for "Too many levels of symbolic links"

Hi All,

we commonly use use many symbolic links in Solaris.  In RH 7.1, 8.0 and
9.0 we see a limit to the depth of links.  Can someone suggest how to
work around this limit to help with our port from Solaris?

Attached is a tar file with links and directories that demonstrates
what we ran into.  Just cd to directory d6 to see the limit.

bash-2.05b$ bzcat mytestdir.tar.bz2 |tar xvf -
mytestdir/
mytestdir/d2/
mytestdir/d2/d3/
mytestdir/d2/d3/d4/
mytestdir/d2/d3/d4/d5/
mytestdir/d2/d3/d4/d5/d6/
mytestdir/d2/d3/d4/d5/d6/mytestfile
mytestdir/d2/d3/d4/d5/mytestfile
mytestdir/d2/d3/d4/mytestfile
mytestdir/d2/d3/mytestfile
mytestdir/d2/mytestfile
mytestdir/mytestfile
tmp/mytestfile
bash-2.05b$ cd mytestdir/d2/d3/d4/d5/
bash-2.05b$ cat mytestfile
hello
bash-2.05b$ cd d6/
bash-2.05b$ cat mytestfile
cat: mytestfile: Too many levels of symbolic links
bash-2.05b$ ls -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 jeismeie psclib         13 Sep 29 17:14 mytestfile -> ../mytestfile

jeismeie@xxxxxxx

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain EMC
Confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this
email message is addressed.  If you have received this email message
in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email
and destroy the original message without making a copy.