Re: How to configure modem in redhat-8

From what I've seen and read, external D-Link modems should give you no
significant problems and should be easily configured using kppp without needing any external drivers.

Perhaps the problem is that the modem device is not set properly in kppp. Go to kppp -> setup -> device -> modem device and try the various options. I think the default is /dev/modem. Your modem may be located at /dev/ttyS0 (com1 in windows) or /dev/ttyS1 (com2 in windows), etc. Try each ports (unless you know which port it is from windows) and then go to

kppp -> setup -> modem -> query modem

If you made the proper setting then you should get a series of AT responses. Hope this helps, Gus.