Re: Source RPM's

Jason Dale wrote:

Hi all,

If I have been using Binary RPM's, and then switch to source RPM's to update my packages on the system, how do I go
about updating the RPM database so that when I run a package
query (rpm -q) I can see the updated version number?

Plain and simple - how do you get source RPM software to show
up when you type the command  'rpm -qa' ?

Why would you expect a source RPM to show up in rpm -qa? If you build the RPM, and upgrade to the resulting binary RPM it will show up in an rpm -qa. However, source RPMs are not a part of the running system. Several users can install their own copies of a source RPM, in their own areas, and work on them.

Regards,
Steve