Re: newbie

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:08:04 +1200
"afme@xxxxxxxxxx" <adrianix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ta, I'll try that, come back later.
>
> "works" means that something happens when I click a menu item, like getting a package doing its thing.
>> system between the ears. If only you got into MY specialties, I'd show you; more haha. Just as well I
> never grew up into a "mature", addled [pun!] person.
> "If the world is weird, get used to it".
> "If you prescribe to reality it don't cooperate.
>
> Ta, Adrian.

hi adrian ,
First reaction : man talks too much. Knows to find food, forgot how to chew.

Want out of gnome(well X of course! jargon): type Ctrl-Alt Backspace

Type man man (enter) to learn about one of the most exciting things in Linux. ( like
set theory with paperbag and kitchen drawer!)

Learnt enough? Go back to Gnome with startx (enter)
Rather try KDE? Type startkde (enter)

good luck
Henk