RE: A simple question on mouse AGAIN

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 17:01, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Occasionally my USB mouse could be detected at starting PC.  The pointer
> stood unmoved compelling me to reboot.  After reboot it worked
> normally.  I could not explained what has been happened.  I expect to
> find an easy way to re-detect it avoiding reboot.  However "mouseconfig"
> could not solve my problem.

I suspect that mouseconfig did solve your problem, but you have to
restart X windows for it to take effect.  This is because (I think)
mouseconfig writes to the /etc/X11/XF86Config file, which is only read
when X starts, not when its running.  Logging off and then on again will
automatically restart X for you.

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Q:	What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead