Re: Linksys KVM switch

I have had the same problem with an 8 port Belkin KVM, my main Linux
system is running Redhat 8.  This problem has resulted in the panel
getting moved to the side which caused it to crash.  (lots of fun fixing
that the first time.) What's funny is the 4 port unit I have works
reliably.  I have not been able to determine if this is a problem with
the Belkin unit or if it is an issue with the different systems
attached, screen resolution being the one I thought might be an issue
since that is the only thing I can think of as being different between
the systems attached.  During the initial startup everything works
fine.  But after switching to a different system and then back it has
problems. The other item I am not sure about is the use of the wheeled
mouse with the Belkin unit.

I have been doing some searching for another KVM setup.  I want the
ability to switch between at least 7 systems and will need to have
extension cables for the monitor, mouse, and keyboard.  Has anyone
utilized a KVM that works reliably?

--
Scot L. Harris <webid@xxxxxxxxxx>