Re: OT: Why I use an MTA at home

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Devine" <dannyboy259@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Why I use an MTA at home

> OK, I knew that if this thread got long enough, I'd bite. I've been
> keeping the replies...
>
> Can anyone place a link to a really good "howto" on setting a home mail
> server?  I have not seen one so far with this thread (my sight isn't as
> good as it usta' be though)

Hello,
I wrote this last year and you can adjust it for RH8 since Squirrelmail is now in the RH8
distro

http://www.oclug.org/hints.html#mail

> How about info on directing "somebody@xxxxxxxxxxxx" to MY server at my
> house?  I'd really like to run my own "squirrillmail" with Apache nd
> php.

Why not use 'fetchmail' instead of redirecting.  This is what I do with my home email.
Fetchmail  pop's it from my Roadrunner account and then I use the IMAP or squirrelmail
login to get to my mail from anywhere.

Kevin Brouelette, RHCE