Re: OT: Why I use an MTA at home

On Friday 25 April 2003 9:10 am, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> I've read your rant, and the only thing it convinced me of is that
> you don't understand that you can use your ISP's SMTP server to route
> your outbound mail without giving up the MTA you use for everything
> else.

That may certainly be the case.  There is much I don't know.

Can you enlighten me on how I can send email from home, through my
provider at home, that will only show my work email address?  I want
people I have a work relationship with to see only my work email
address but still be able to do some of my work from home.  I would
also like to know how I can respond to mail-list that I subcribe to
with one acouunt (like at work) from home. The only way I know to
handle either situation has resulted in a 'relaying not allowed' type
of message from my ISP.

I would gladly stop using my MTA to deliver outbound mail if I can find
a way to deliver mail from any account I have through my ISP.

Thanks
Doug