Its a shame, but aquiring internet access nowadays has turned into something
like doing a title search on your home prior to refinancing. My point being,
one must now ask your ISP what IP address range they use and then check the
RBL's (prior to signing on the dotted line) to insure that you are not
inheriting an IP address/range that was abused by a spammer in a previous
life (so to speak). Even static IP's fall into this catagory.

If it makes you feel better, I have a so called "business account" with
Verizon where they assign me static IP addresses. But!!! Verizon refuses to
delegate the reverse lookup to my DNS server (like most ISP's) so there are
still some mail servers that refuse to accept e-mail from my e-mail server
because of the name mismatch. I could fix this mismatch, but I simply refuse
to list Verizon's  long ass name for my IP address in my DNS server (MX
record) or configure sendmail to announce this long ass name. Fortunately, I
only have one customer that falls into this catagory.

Steve Cowles