Compaq 20/40 DLT

Hello,

I'm running RH8 with a Compaq 20/40 external DLT drive.  I can read/write
from the drive just fine.  I've noticed when I write to the drive using
tar, the tape will write, then backup a bit, then write again.  This
process keeps repeating until tar is finished.

If I use something like taper, it just streams until the backup is
finished.

I think I read someplace that the default block size tar uses is wrong.
How do I figure out what block size I need to use?  I can't find anything
in the compaq documentation that mentions block size.

Thanks

--
Chris Sechiatano
chris@xxxxxxxxxxx