btime question on Redhat Linux 8.0

Hi,

On Redhat Linux 8.0, I found that the btime parameter in the
/proc/stat file is constantly increasing. My understanding is that
this parameter should represent the boot time of the system in seconds
since the Epoch, and should therefore remain constant. I have read
posts about btime fluctuating by 1 second, and personally encountered
this problem on Linux 7.3. However, I have not found other posts about
btime constantly increasing. Is this a known problem? Does anyone have
a reliable method for determining the system boot time that works on
both Linux 7.x and 8.x?

Thanks,
Kevin