Re: WineX

Mike Watson wrote:

I would NEVER use up2date directly from RH!

That is wise, for a highly critical server. The same goes for automatic updates for Windows directly from Microsoft. The rough figures I have from my own experience is that about 20-25% of service packs or hot fixes from MS break something else in the system.

I tried to negotiate with RH to bring the RHN servers inside our company, but RH wouldn't do it. I will never allow anything---new software or upgrade---to be installed on my systems without my own QA folks testing it in my testbed with systems that duplicate my production servers. To do otherwise is foolish and can be costly.

I thought RH offered a product called RHN proxy or something that lets you run an RHN server internally. Not sure, though.

The way I've been updating my servers lately is with a nice program called yum. Check it out here:

http://www.linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe