Re: About RH9 "usefulness"

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:17:36 -0800, you wrote:

>Of course, I would note that "RH" is much more than the GPL Red Hat Linux
>product.  I don't see NPTL going into RHEL, so that is still _very_ much
>viable for a corporate desktop.  What I see is a lot of people that were

Ironically enough Red Hat themselves (at least sales) disagree with
you.

In the clarification about RHEL pricing email
https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/phoebe-list/2003-March/005281.html
Red Hat sales say that RHEL WS is not meant for the corporate desktop
and that Red Hat 9 should be used for the desktop, totally ignoring
that the 12 month errata support and hence yearly upgrades makes Red
Hat 9 unsuitable for the corporate desktop.