RE: RH 9 - new glibc

Yeah, this baffles me too. It's not like they were close to a 9.0 release
anyways, as if they were on like RH 8.7 or something and just took a small
leap. They went from 8.0 to 9.0 with no intermediate steps. If this is such
a huge jump and so much is going to break, then it seems mighty foolish to
me... I know I won't be upgrading my RH 8.0 boxes until well into RH 9.x
(assuming there is one and RH doesn't $hit on us again and jump to 10.0
after this release). RH is notorious for blundering their .0 releases, and
for them to use a brang new glibc known to break things already, seems
extremely dangerous to me. Am I not understanding something? Do any other
distros use this new/broken glibc yet? Is there that much with this glibc
that is soooo unbelievably awesome that we just *had* to have it in this RH
version and it couldn't wait till after 8.1, 8.2, 8.5 or whatever...?