Re: OT Netscape - incredibly stupid or dumb operator

Harry Putnam wrote:
Thomas Dodd <ted@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Since the bookmark file is just html it's an easy fix.
You can use any html editing tool to remove the duplicates.
The layout is fairly straight forward.

Nice to know but the question here was how to get a location on a
bookmark found with bookmark search tool.  There is no indication of
where the hits are in the general scheme.

In the bookmark search tool, I guess you're correct.

An alternative is one the file <profile dir>/bookmarks.html and use the normal "Find in this page" <Ctrl>+F function.Depending on the number of levels you have I may be easy. You can alo use an html awaye editor, that allows collapsing or similar to see location better.

Sounds like a good candidate for a mozdev or XULplanet addon. It might even get added into mozilla proper at some point :)

If I knew anything abut writing either type of addon I'd help.

-Thomas